Anxiety is a fact of life, but you don't have to be ruled by it. I help people who are feeling fearful, overwhelmed, weak, and disconnected...
- Learn to feel comfortable in your own skin
- Quell panic attacks and quiet intrusive thoughts
- Cultivate a sense of security and make peace with your early life
- Reconnect with your passion and curiosity
- Find the courage to master your fears
If you're wasting time worrying about the future or dwelling on the past, avoiding important people or situations, suffering with social anxiety, having problems at work, sleeping poorly, or fear your health is deteriorating due to anxiety -- call me for a free phone consultation.
I wake up in the morning full of passion to help nervous and frightened people learn to feel safe enough to really start living again. If you’re insecure, defensive, stiff, rigid, angry, or pent up — if you’ve lost your voice or lost your self… I want to help you find solid ground, and discover a sense of security within yourself. When life just feels too chaotic and you can’t make sense out of it, I’ll help you understand how it all connects and how to get back in the driver’s seat.
How anxiety treatment works
The course of treatment is different for everyone based on your unique personality, strengths, and needs. Therapy sessions typically take place once per week (more frequently if you're having a crisis, suffering severe symptoms, or need relief fast), and treatment generally lasts 3-6 months.
I use a variety of tools to help you gain control of thoughts, feelings, and symptoms -- and stimulate healing for lasting comfort and well-being. Some of those tools are:
- Relaxation training -- learn to activate your body's relaxation response through breath control, muscle relaxation, and intention
- Mindfulness -- learn to get out of your head and get into the moment
- Hypnosis -- tap into the power of your unconscious imagination to calm your mind, body, and spirit
- Cognitive therapy -- learn how your style of thinking and your core beliefs impact your perceptions of the world around you (and how it makes you feel)
- Psychodynamic therapy -- learn how your present struggles fit into the pattern of your life, and develop a style of living that's a better match for the feelings you want to have and the person you want to be
Set up an appointment
Anxiety is the most common mental health problem, but most people suffer much longer than necessary because they put off treatment... often while worry, intrusive thoughts, obsessions, panic attacks, phobias, and performance problems continue to get worse.
Enough is enough. Just think about how your life will be different once you finally break free from the anxiety that's been holding you back. Reach out to my practice group Psych Lab at (562) 684-1300 for help setting up an appointment.