I earned my master’s degree in counseling (2009) and my doctorate in clinical psychology (2013) from Adler University in Chicago — a program focused on community psychology and family dynamics.
I approach problems systemically, and focus on working with people in transition:
- Adolescents and young adults, especially those who are gifted and talented
- Medical professionals working their way through school, or moving forward in their careers
- Creatives, artists, and entrepreneurs struggling to find a balance between stress and ambition
- Anyone searching for an identity or a deeper understanding of life
I serve as Clinical Director at the Psych Lab Psychology Center in Long Beach, CA, where I also provide psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and families. I’m certified in clinical hypnosis and in Jungian depth psychotherapy, and I use these tools to help people understand their deeper emotions and hidden motivations.
In cases where symptoms are mysterious or treatment hasn’t worked, I provide psychological testing to shed light on what’s really going on and how to manage it most effectively.
On this site, I try to offer insights into the way I work with various psychological issues. In the near future, I’m looking into offering groups for teens, parents, and trauma survivors. To discuss issues you may be facing now, call me at (562) 684-1300 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialties & Services
- Diagnostic Consultation
- Have you been in treatment, but not sure you’ve been diagnosed correctly? I can meet with you either in person or online to help you find answers.
- Psychological Testing (In-person only)
- ADHD Testing (vs anxiety, autism spectrum, mood disorders)
- Testing for Learning Disabilities (in the areas of reading, writing, listening, speaking, reasoning, or math)
- Autism Spectrum/Aspergers Testing (vs OCD, social phobia, etc)
- Dementia Testing (vs Depression)
- Schizophrenia Testing (vs mood-related psychosis vs dissociation)
- Drug & Alcohol Assessments
- Satisfy legal or employer requirements with an in-person or online assessment of your substance use history, any problems it may have caused you over time, and whether treatment may be needed.
Mental Health Treatment
- Anxiety Treatment
- Panic Attack Treatment
- PTSD Treatment
- Complex PTSD Treatment
- Treatment for Survivors of Abuse & Neglect
Marriage & Family
- Couples Counseling
- Marital Therapy
- Family Therapy
Holistic psychological treatment for medical conditions — incorporating clinical hypnosis, cognitive behavioral therapy, depth-oriented psychotherapy, and lifestyle changes.
- Chronic Pain, Headaches, & Neuropathy
- Arthritis & Autoimmune conditions
- IBS / IBD / Crohn’s / Colitis
- Side effects of cancer treatment
- Bruxism / TMJ
- Obesity / Weight loss
- Stop Smoking